Structural engineering might be treated as highly specific form of civil engineering. It deals with construction of framework that forms the basis of any construction type: namely Industrial structures, building, bridges and supports etc… Structure is of prime importance as it lends able support and security and a weak structure might result in damage or total destruction of a industrial zone.
Structural engineering is based on applied physics and empirical knowledge about geometries and structural performance of various materials, both metallic and non-metallic. Versasia structural engineers focus on aspects like climatic conditions and natural calamities as they play a significant role in infrastructural growth in India. An engineer at Versasia would typically engage in:
- Analyzing maps, reports, blueprints, and geological and topographical data
- Evaluating material stress factors, water flow rates, and load requirements to determine specifications
- Inspection of project sites to ensure that construction is being carried according to specifications
- Identification of potential problems including environmental and traffic movement issues and suggesting ways of resolving them
- Estimating cost of raw materials, equipment’s used, and labour
For executing their tasks, Versasia’s structural engineers divide their task into definitive steps:
This is the initial step for any project and involves doing groundwork. Planning the entire project taking into both internal and external considerations
A model for any structure is always created before work begins. Any model is a scaled down representation of the actual structure
A draft is given a more authentic and reliable shape by CAD (computer aided designing) tools. Greater attention is paid to costing of a project in this stag
The tasks of structural engineers have been eased by CAD tools and 3-D visualization techniques. These tools aid in making modifications easily and in a more convincing manner.